Located in Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, N.M.
Oil on canvas, 33 ¾ x 51 ¼.
Trousset Family Collection since 2003; Signed, dated and inscribed:
'Vista de San Marcos-Aquascalientes, Octobre, 1883. Léon Trousset
Father's Serra's Landing Place or Celebration of the First Mass, 1877. This is different but similar to the one at Carmel Mission.
Whereabouts is unknown.
Jorge Alvarez Collection, Juarez, Mexico.
Dated; 27 x 41 oil on canvas.
Signed L. Trousset and dated 1899.
Located in El Paso Museum of Art, TX
Catalog says oil on canvas circa 1856 (this is to early)
19 x 25 1/2, ex collection of Joseph Toschi, San Francisco. Undated? Unsigned?
Sold at Butterfield & Butterfield, San Francisco: April 25, 1985.
Present location is unknown. Attributed to Léon Trousset.
Located at Our Lady of Refuge Church, 11140 Preston Street. 408-633-4015.
Signed and dated.
Shown here on a book cover of SALINAS, AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY, by Verardo and Verardo.
Signed by Léon Trousset in lower right hand corner, is now incorporated into Ciudad Juárez.
This untitled painting, watercolor, pen and ink, approximately 1.5 by 2.5 feet, is said to be in the Livermore area. It is quite detailed and shows the buildings, the vineyards and Chinese picking grapes. It is signed in the lower right corner with a very small written signature. It is signed, "L. Trousset." It was sold to an unknown buyer on March 16, 2006 from the Argonaut Book Shop in San Francisco, CA.
Before that, the painting was purchased in San Francisco from a woman who had it on her wall for many, many years.
As to the provenance prior to that, the only clue is a penciled note on the back of the picture by an early picture framer who stated, "Mr. Freudenstein. Trim frame to fit the picture." Freudenstein was probably the prior owner.
Leon was known to be in northern California from 1875-1877. He could have returned there during his "missing years" of 1888-1894.
Approximately 3 ½ ft. x 5 ft. Currently located in Citizens Bank in Las Cruces.
Before that, it was last seen hanging on the north wall of the Palmilla club on Main St., June 6, 1908, as reported in the El Paso Herald on that date. "The foreground of the historic old picture shows the Santa Fe depot, the same old one that is still doing service, with an A.T. & S.F. freight car being unloaded into a mountain wagon. A wagonette is just going away from the station with a load of passengers. The new court house is surrounded by a waste tract of land. The only building near it is the old jail on the rear of the court house lot. On the square where the W.I.A. park is now located, a cow puncher sits on his horse watching a handful of long horn cattle grazing nearby. A small clump of adobe houses mark where Las Cruces Avenue first got its start. And over the roofs of these can be seen the towers of San Genevieve church with its twin crosses shining in the sun. Further down Main Street the building now occupied by the Las Cruces Realty company can be seen, the remainder of the street being adobe buildings".
Located in Citizen's Bank, Las Cruces, NM.
Also called Adam's Point. Was on loan to Oakland Museum, Oakland, California until 1999.
Signed and dated. 27 X 34.
Present location unknown
A reproduction by Léon of an unknown 17th Century painting.
Owned by the Catholic Church and it has hung in the Chapel at Mission San Luis Rey since about the 1930's. Signed and dated. 121" x 84" oil on canvas.
Restored and returned to San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside, CA in August 2005.
A reproduction of an unknown 17th Century painting.
Owned by the Catholic Church and it has hung in the Chapel at Mission San Luis Rey since the 1930's. Signed and dated. The name may not be accurate.
Restored and returned to San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside, CA in September 2007
This painting is the property of King David’s Masonic Lodge in San Luis Obispo, CA. The Lodge was constituted in 1870, which appears to be the date beneath the signature on the painting.
As an older man sitting at his easel, Trousset Family Collection, Undated, unsigned